Friday, July 31, 2009

The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary

My new job responsibilities will require that I make frequent trips to Southern Seminary in Louisville, KY. There are many students that have hopes of going overseas as missionaries and I will be guiding them through the application process. I must admit, I met some very fine people who believe God has called them to go to the hard places in the world.
The main entrance is the most recent addition to the campus. It was build to celebrate the seminary's 150 history. It was named for Duke McCall a former president of the seminary.


Norton Hall, provides office space for faculty and administration as well as classroom space.



The chapel captures your attention as you drive down Lexington Avenue that runs in front of the seminary.

Any school is really all about the students. I can't show their pictures, but I can tell you that I met several very fine people. I was impressed. They are dynamic, committed and willing to go to some of the hardest places in the world. All for the cause of sharing the good news!





No comments: