The guest room was painted white, but the trim needed a lot of work. On the previous paint job we didn't properly prime the trim, so as we tried to prepare it, the old paint started peeling off. It made a simple job rather complicated.
The bathroom had old wall paper, a vertical green stripe. It really looked out of date. Stripping the wall paper required renting steamer and getting the old off, then patching the wall board. In addition we sanded the cabinets, primed the whole thing and repainted. In the process we decided new faucets, light fixtures and towel racks would be appropriate.
We only had the weekends to do the work so it took about six weekends to get it all done. I was very pleased with the result. Those commercials that show someone doing a job quickly and easily so they can get back to their lives are very misleading! We had company coming and that was the motivation to get the job done.
All in all we were very pleased with the results. It is amazing what a fresh coat of paint will do for a room!