Monday, February 28, 2011

South American Journey - Days 4& 5

I like Buenos Aires. It is a big city, a lot of heritage and culture. There are monuments everywhere! It is summer time and I love the trees. There are a lot of good restaurants and the people appear to be warm and friendly.

Above is one of my favorite spots during our visit. Its a park named for Jose San Martin the general who led Argentina to be free of Spanish rule. I like this broad walkway that is covered with a canopy of trees.

The 'Casa Rosada' (Pink House) is the Argentine version of the White House, the working office of the President of Argentina.
A significant part of the city's heritage is the tango, a dance that was born in this neighborhood in the southern part of the city where poor imigrants from Italy and Spain lived in the late 1800's. Interestingly, I read that 60% of the people have Italian heritage.
The tragedy is that for a city with a population of 14 million, there are many, many lost people here. The have the semblance of religion, but I doubt there is a genuine faith and comitment to Christ.
"Not everyone who says unto me, Lord, Lord, will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but only the one who does the will of the Father in Heaven."
Matthew 7: 21



No comments: