Friday, February 25, 2011

South American Journey Day 1 & 2

Charlotte and I will be traveling through Argentina, Uruguay and Chile for the next three weeks. I hope to post some pictures on a regular basis that will give you some idea of what we are experiencing.

We flew from Richmond to Miami on a small American Airlines jet. Note the gate agent watching the captian as he went through his preflight procedures.



When we left Richmond it was cloudy with a light rain. As the altitude increased we went through multiple layers of clouds.

The nice thing about flying is that no matter how cloudy and rainy the weather is on the surface, if you can get high enough you will always find sunshine.


It reminds me of the phrase from Psalm 19:

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

We flew through the night landing in Buenos Aires at 7:30 AM. When we got to our hotel, our room was not ready, so we found a side walk cafe and I enjoyed a good cup of coffee!


Out hotel is located across the street from the Plaza San Martin which commemorates the exploits of General Jose San Martin who was the key military leader in liberating Argentina, Peru and Chile from Spanish rule in the early 1800's.


At the center of the park we found this ancient tree. I have no idea how old it is, but I do wonder about some of the history it has seen.

A nice treat to being in the southern hemisphere in February is that it is late summer here. Today the temperature was near 80 degrees with bright sunshine. It was a beautiful day in the park and lovers were out enjoying the weather and each other.


Psalm 19 concludes saying:


May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord my Rock and my Redeemer.



More tomorrow!


































No comments: