Tuesday, March 1, 2011

South American Journey - Day 6


We traveled overnight from Buenos Aires, Argentina to Montevideo, the capital of Uruguay. The distance is about 200 kilometers across what is said to be the widest river in the world, the Rio de la Plata. We arrived in Montevideo on Tuesday morning just as the sun was peeking over the horizon.
Our ship is the Celebrity Infinity which is just over 900 feet long and carries 1950 passengers.

We were able to visit the 'Old City' which is an area within walking distance of the dock. The picture is of independence square.

The old town is rather ecclectic with grand old buildings next to new high rise buildings.

Of course for me, the key to any people or culture is the food. For lunch we enjoyed a mixed kabob of tenderloin, chicken and pork (which we shared and still could not finish). Then about an hour later we enjoyed a great cup of coffee...

... with dessert of a crepe with dulce de leche and ice cream on top!
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of my enemies,
Thou annointest my head with oil.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
Psalm 23








No comments: