Sunday, August 2, 2009

Favorite Hymn

An early morning walk through Deep Run Park always reminds me of one of my favorite hymns.



When through the woods and forest glades I wonder

I hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;

And when I stand on lofty mountain grandure

I hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze.




Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee,

How great Thou art, how great Thou art.

Then sings my soul, my saviour God to Thee,

How great Thou art, how great Thou art.


"Come let us sing for joy to the Lord;

let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.

Let us come before him with thanksgiving

and extol him with music and song."



Psalms 95:1-2
























1 comment:

robert said...

Beautiful pictures. Beautiful hymn. Did you know that today is the 150th anniversary of the birth of Carl Boberg, author of the original Swedish version? You can find out more at my blog, Wordwise Hymns. God bless.